Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Because What's Life Without Some Random Disease Talk?

My family history tells me that I will have:
Alcoholism
Alzheimer's disease
Cancer
Carpal Tunnel
Diabetes
Heart Disease
High Blood Pressure
Obesity

Unfortunately, three of them have already happened or became a dangerously close possibility.

But, I'm not scared about any of that happening or having already happened.

I am scared that I won't finish or won't pass Spanish II this year, my senior year.

;Jen

3 Comments:

Mira said...

The only thing I'm really worried about (in my family history) is melanoma. Both my dad and his brother have had it, and I'm a whitey white girl who burns after being in the sun for 5 minutes.

Good luck with Spanish. ^_^

N said...

Good luck with Spanish, Jenn. And that's a positive attititude. Stay strong! Don't forget, alcoholism, diabetes, heart disease, HBP, obesity are all reversible with a little persistence. You will be fine, just stay strong and be happy.

Mep said...

You can fight it, there's no one that can say that you will have those conditions. There is someway to prevent those (mostly live a healthy life style). Don't let your history determine what you will be. Good luck with Spanish, from experience I know that I used to suck at it but after much practicing (like doing online quizzes and watching tutorial videos) I did pretty well in Spanish :).