Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves."
-- Maria Edgeworth

Four years ago, I started my freshman year of high school. I sat in the hallway with my friends and thought about the fact that everyone always was telling me to enjoy high school, it would go by too quickly.

I knew it would. I knew that in the blink of an eye, I would be sitting at graduation with my friends and family surrounding me. That I would be receiving my diploma and ending the biggest milestone in my life thus far. I just didn't know that I would blink that quickly.

Today, I graduated from my high school. As I sat there listening to Butch Reynolds, the Olympic Gold Medalist, speak, I realized that high school went fast, but, college will probably go even faster.

And, so, I promised myself to make them the best four years of my life because I never get that time back. My high school years were spent at three different schools, four different times and ended with two years of online schooling and me living 30 minutes from my friends.

The four years I spend at Bowling Green State University will be the longest consecutive time I have ever spent at any one school.

I have wasted away too many years and that stops now.

My life starts now.

Love,
Jen

0 Comments: